Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Trip to Urgent Care

 Hank recently got to take a little trip to urgent care.  He was climbing up on a stool to get some fruit snacks and fell.  I found him laying on his stomach with his arm out.  I noticed a bruise on the left side of his forehead and figured he had just bonked his head.  After rocking him for 25 minutes and he was still crying off and on, I noticed he didn't want to move his left arm.  Sean and I decided to take him to urgent care to get checked out.  We got there just as they were getting ready to close.  After being examined and crying when they asked him to give a high five, they decided to take an x-ray.  They came back into the room and told us that he did fracture his left collar bone.  They gave him an 8 brace to wear for 3-4 weeks that holds his shoulders back.  He was a little sore for the first little while and he had 1 sleepless night, but he really has done pretty well.  It only took him a few days and he was back climbing the stool to get to his beloved fruit snacks.  :)

0 comments: